Solving Authentication Issues
There are many reasons this could happen:
- If you need to provide a username and password, ensure that it is the username and password for that service, not our service.
- If you are asked to grant permissions and do not approve all of the permissions we ask for, this could also happen. If you have questions/concerns, please contact us and we can tell you why we need the precise permissions we need for the service you are using.
- If you are using one service for multiple data sources or destination, please use the “Re-use Authentication” option
If you are still experiencing issues, please contact us.
What does ’Reuse Auth From’ mean under the Authentication menu? When should I use it?
The Reuse Authentication Feature allows you to use the same credentials as you are using with another task in FitnessSyncer. You should use this when you have more than one source or task using the same service which you wish to use the same account. For example, if you are using Withings for your Body Composition and Activities, you could use this feature to share the credentials. Some services (including Withings and Fitbit) may provide authentication errors if you do not use this feature.
To do this:
- Pick one of your sources or destinations and re-authenticate it.
- For each of the other sources and destinations using the same authentication scheme, you should edit them and change the authentication to Re-use Authentication from that first source or destination.
Google Fit, Google Drive, and Sleep As Android only work the first time
The issue is caused by a security feature from Google. To workaround this, try this:
- For the effected Google Account, visit your Security Settings: https://www.google.com/settings/u/1/security.
- Under “Connected apps and services”, select “View All”.
- Find FitnessSyncer and click “Revoke Access”
- Then under My Account, edit your Google Fit or Sleep As Android connections and Reauthenticate. If you have more than one Google Fit source or destination, re-use the authentication from one other connection.
From TomTom MySports,
- Click on your name and go into the Settings
- Go to Apps And Exporting
- Under the External Apps section, locate FitnessSyncer, click, and then click the trash can icon
- Go back into your FitnessSyncer account and reauthenticate then.
If you are still experiencing problems, please contact us.
What is “Grant New Permissions for All Google Services”?
Each Google Services requires separate authentication. Because we support multiple services that use Google Services, we only request the minimum by default. If you use more than one Google-based Service, please use the “Grant New Permissions for All Google Services” option to ensure you have the permissions for all and re-use that authentication for all of the other services.