Solving Authentication Issues
There are many reasons this could happen:
- If you need to provide a username and password, ensure that it is the username and password for that service, not our service.
- If you are asked to grant permissions and do not approve all of the permissions we ask for, this could also happen. If you have questions/concerns, please contact us and we can tell you why we need the precise permissions we need for the service you are using.
- If you are using one service for multiple data sources or destination (such as a Fitbit Activity and Fitbit Sleep feed), please use the “Reuse Auth” option (described below)
- If you have recently changed your password or revoked access to our service from the providers portal.
If you are still experiencing issues, please contact us.
What does “Reuse Auth From” mean under the Authentication menu? When should I use it?
The Reuse Auth Feature allows you to use the same credentials as you are using with another task in FitnessSyncer. You should use this when you have more than one source or task using the same service which you wish to use the same account. For example, if you are using Nokia Health (Withings) for your Body Composition and Activities, you could use this feature to share the credentials. Some services (including Nokia Health, MapMyFitness, and Fitbit) may have authentication errors if you do not use this feature.
To use this feature:
- Pick one of your sources or destinations and re-authenticate it.
- For each of the other sources and destinations using the same authentication scheme, you should edit them and change the authentication to Reuse Auth from that first source or destination.
Google Fit, Google Drive, and Sleep As Android only work the first time and then I get an authentication problem; why?
The issue is caused by a security feature from Google. To workaround this, try this:
- For the effected Google Account, visit your Security Settings: https://www.google.com/settings/u/1/security.
- Under “Connected apps and services”, select “View All”.
- Find FitnessSyncer and click “Revoke Access”
- Then under My Account, edit your Google Fit or Sleep As Android connections and Reauthenticate. If you have more than one Google Fit source or destination, reuse the authentication from one other connection.
What is “Grant New Permissions for All Google Services”?
Each Google Services requires separate authentication. Because we support multiple services that use Google Services, we only request the minimum by default. If you use more than one Google-based Service, please use the “Grant New Permissions for All Google Services” option to ensure you have the permissions for all and re-use that authentication for all of the other services.