What is the difference between Garmin Connect (Wellness) and Garmin Connect (Sports)?
Garmin provides wearables, sport watches, and hybrids.
The data for the wearables comes from Garmin Connect (Wellness), such as your step summary, detected activities, sleep, etc.
The data for the sport watches is available under Garmin Connect (Sports) which has the detailed data to better analyze your activities.
The hybrid devices will have data from both services and we recommend using both for the best data for your analysis.
What are the changes and limitations to the Garmin Connect (Sports) features?
Garmin has made changes to their API program in the summer of 2016 which provides you with better security and flexibility and as a consequence, some of our features are impacted.
- Using as a Source: If you are using Garmin Connect as a Source, you simply need to change the Source of your item from Garmin Connect (Deprecated) to Garmin Connect and reauthenticate. When you record a new activity in Garmin Connect, it will automatically be sent to us without an explicit sync.
- Historical Sync: In the previous version of Garmin Connect’s API, we were able to acquire your entire history. Unfortunately, we are currently only able to acquire the last 30 days of activities at this time.
- Backups: Due to the Historical Sync issue, we recommend that you add a destination for maps to be sent to Amazon S3, DropBox, Google Drive, or OneDrive so that you can keep your entire history.
- Using as a Destination: If you are using Garmin Connect as a Destination, this capability will be being removed in the near future. Until it is removed, we will attempt to upload map-based activities, but it will be removed without warning. We apologize for the inconvenience.
The values are different in Garmin Connect (Sports) vs your system; why?
Garmin (and other services) do post processing of the data that they send us. As a consequence of this, sometimes the durations and various metrics will not match exactly because of this.
Nothing seems to happen when I click Sync on my Garmin Connect sources; why?
For Fitbit, Garmin Connect, and a few other sources, we get immediately notified whenever you sync or add a new activity on their end, and thus, the sync button usually does not find anything.
There is no data with my Garmin Connect (Wellness); why?
Garmin Connect (Wellness) only starts collecting data from the moment you start using FitnessSyncer. Pro users can request historic syncs, but this only covers the previous 30 days of data.
If you are using Garmin Express via ANT, you can upload all of your history using the FitnessSyncer Uploader.
If this is still happening, you may need to delete tokens from Garmin Connect. To do so:
- Go to Garmin Connect
- Click on the person icon on the left and click on Settings
- Select Account Information
- Under the Applications section, locate FitnessSyncer listings and delete them.
- Go back into your FitnessSyncer account and reauthenticate all Garmin Connect items then.
If you are still experiencing problems, please contact us.